Bella Vista Babelfish
Reviews and Discussions by Movers and Shakers. Join us for the FUN!

Home » Entertainment » Movies and Television » Sierra Burgess is my Sunflower
Show: Today's Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
E-mail to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon2.gif  Sierra Burgess is my Sunflower [message #88821] Fri, 28 September 2018 16:54
Blake_21 is currently offline  Blake_21
Esquire

After seeing one of the most controversial films released in 2018, Sierra Burgess is a Loser, I have to say it's in the top five of my favorite movies. The film is about how a girl is mistaken for another one. They soon join forces to get the heart of the guy.

Now the tale revolves around the happy but unpopular girl Sierra Burgess (Shannon Purser) and how she falls for a guy that's way out of her league. What she doesn't know is that Jamey (Noah Centineo) thinks she's the hot popular girl Veronica (Kristine Froseth). Later on she sees an opportunity to enlist Vannessa to help her continue talking to Jamey. Both girls become friends and continue on with their journey.

All of the actors and actresses in the film doing a great job portraying their characters. Kristine Froseth did an amazing job playing mean girl turned good. She shows the right emotions when it's the right time. And let's not forget how Noah played Jamey the right way. We were able to actually relate to Noah and let's not forget how we didn't mind his flirting skills. Noah Centineo (Jamey) has been in other shows and movies, like The Fosters and To All The Boys I Loved Before. Shannon Purser has been in the hit netflix show, Stranger Things.

I have to say I loved almost everything about the movie. It's brings reality into a situation that most people don't think about. It talks about body shaming, catfishing and how these things actually happen. Shannon Purser really brings her characters feelings to light. Even though her character has done some real bad things, she somehow makes us love her character. The movie also focuses on the Vanessa's (Kristine Froseth) home life and how it influences how she cats toward other people. Even the movie had a deaf actor in it. Not someone playing deaf.

Sierra Burgess Is A Loser shows us what reality in a high school is. How students actually try to bring their peers down with them. As the plot develops, the characters start to grow. They realize that they're being mean or doing something wrong. It shows how easily people can turn on each other for a simple mistake. This movie is one of the best movies that brings problems to light.

Because this movie talks about real problems, I have to say this movie is PG-13. The movie is really mature for ages 12 and down. So I recommend that 13 and up should watch this movie. There are some parts where it talks about teen drinking, language.

This film get 8 out 8 sunflower petals.

Blake Johnson is attending the University of Arkansas. She hopes to become a 7th grade English teacher or own her own cafe. If she isn't doing school work, she is most likely hanging with friends or family.
[Message index]

Read Message icon2.gif
Next Topic: TV series Review -Quantico
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ] [ PDF ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:42:39 CDT 2024